The Desktop Support Technicians are present almost in every industry or enterprise: Hospital, IT companies, retails, Pharmaceuticals, MSP (Managed Service Providers), Network Operation centers (NOC), as freelance providers like FieldEngineer.com. Support Technicians are the first point of contact for local end-user support and deliver remote support to various offices of an organization.
Following are the customary roles and responsibilities of a skilled Desktop Support Technician jobs:
* To set up and manage user accounts and permissions to consent access to a network.
* Upholding and testing security, blocking unapproved access.
* Chalk out maintenance plan for the prevention of unexpected failures.
* Setting up the Organization’s computer system to meet specific business goals.
* Monitoring day to day computer performance.
* Update and maintain the computer inventory and equipment.